Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

Looking to have my buffet clarinets appraised for insurance

Customer Question

Looking to have my buffet clarinets appraised for insurance purposes.
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Nothing like that. I have a buffet r 13 bflat bought new 26 years ago and well maintained and played. The other is a buffet a clarinet I think about 40 years old which I have had overhauled and play with as needed.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: A clarinet is nor an r 13 but an equivalent model made for a few years by buffet.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Wayne replied 5 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Musical Instruments for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. Please tell me the serial numbers and any other marks on these Clarinets?

Thanks,

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Both have Buffett logo. Bflat serial number looks to be 377782. I have two barrels.The as serial number is ***** a different location and is 146550. Has a diamond ligo on it which looks like it contains an s-1 unit.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do not see an answer