twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

I have a Reuge Swiss musical movement box handed down to me

Customer Question

I have a Reuge Swiss musical movement box handed down to me and was wondering the approximate value.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Reuge box
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 15 days ago.

Hello Aaron,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

May I see a picture of the box opened and a view of the movement, please?

Also, is the box working? Is there a chip on the upper edge of the box, or any other defects?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I will send you another picture of it open. The box does work and there's not a chip on it it's where the hinges are I'll talke a picture of it and send it to you as well.
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 15 days ago.

Thanks for the additional picture. Looking forward to seeing the inside.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Does anyone have a response?
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 15 days ago.

Still waiting for a picture of the open box showing the movement.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The inside of the music box.
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 14 days ago.

Have you requested a phone call? I usually don't do them because they add an extra charge to your bill and I can answer your question right here at no additional charge. Also, it's difficult to research and speak with you at the same time. Do you still want a phone call?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
No, you're right there's no need for a phone call. I'll just wait to hear from you.
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 14 days ago.

Since I have the information I need, I'll just go ahead and answer your question. If you still want a phone call after you see it, please let me know.

Your two tune music box was made in the mid-20th century, probably in Italy. The outside of the box appears to be alabaster and it is a trinket box.

If it is in excellent cosmetic and working condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your box is approximately $250. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $100, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Aaron.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. Please click the five stars above, and then click the green button. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Expert:  twinb1201 replied 13 days ago.

Hi Aaron,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about your item?

Please note that experts here are not employees of justanswer.com; experts are verified users.

Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer at no extra cost to you.