Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  40 yrs. buying and selling instruments.
67223111

I Bought a1912 Trombone, Band Inst.Co. How Do I Find Out

Customer Question

I Bought a1912 Trombone, Band Inst.Co. How Do I Find Out What It's Value Is..
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the musical instrument appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Well It Has The Eagle Drawn On It With Under it USA, Line Grand Rapids, Band Inst Co.Grand Rapid Michigan.USA...And On The Long Piece Where U Blow Into HAS A#15 Grand Rapid Michigan..And Another#32090
JA: Is there anything else important you think the musical instrument appraiser should know?
Customer: No.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Musical Instruments for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. According to the serial number your trombone was made in 1913. These were student quality instruments and not considered professional quality. Assuming that your horn is in good playable condition, this would sell for $200-300 at Auction and in a private sale.

Thank you,

Please click on the Stars *****When you read this answer

Expert:  Wayne replied 7 months ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? It is important that you click on the stars *****. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,