Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have a Wm. Knabe & Co. upright piano - Mignonette model,

Customer Question

I have a Wm. Knabe & Co. upright piano - Mignonette model, serial #127103. I have had the piano for over 40 years and I, unfortunately, need to sell it due to downsizing my current home. I would like to get an appraisal, please. Thank you.
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else the musical instrument appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: My grandparents purchased it for me, so I know it was not new at the time. I am not sure the exact age of the piano.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** welcome to JustAnswer. It will be my pleasure to help you, I am working on this for you now.

Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained? What is the full height of your piano measured from the floor to the closed top lid please?

Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built?

Hello again. It seems that you viewed my information request, so I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question please? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. Thank you. John.