Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have a 10 year old Yamaha 5'6 grand piano with the concert

Customer Question

I have a 10 year old Yamaha 5'6 grand piano with the concert bench, piano was a GH series. what is it worth now?
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the musical instrument appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is about 10 years old and excellent condition and was tuned in the beginning 2 times a year until it held it's tune. Also I have perfect pitch.
JA: Is there anything else the musical instrument appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: think that is it. the Piano seat is not the leather but rather something else that they offered at the time that was cheaper
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 27 days ago.

Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.

The 5'6" model is no longer made, though Yamaha has a comparable model at 5'8" called the GC1. Yamaha pianos have a terrific resale value on the used market and usually sell quickly. Your best bet, if you're looking to sell, is the private market (selling it yourself, locally). This will net you the largest profit.

Based on the maker, model, age, described condition and depreciation from age, I would recommend a current selling range of approximately $12,500-$14,500. Best wishes!

Please select a positive rating before leaving--this is the only way the site credits me for working on this for you. Thanks!

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
please send your response to my e-mail *****@******.***. I am giving to a Senior Center locally
and wish to get tax write-off

Apologies, but I cannot directly email you, I am only allowed to post my answer in this forum. You can right click and select the print option to have this available to you in printed form.

Did you need any other assistance with this?