John,  CT ABRSM
John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience:  Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.
62809984

I have a Crystal River baby grand player piano that I paid

Customer Question

I have a Crystal River baby grand player piano that I paid 10,000.00 for about 13 years ago. It is in excellent condition. What is it worth today???
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the musical instrument appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Did you get this question?? There was an answer about a guitar.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the musical instrument appraiser should know?
Customer: No, the piano was housed in an all adult home, so no misuse!!
Submitted: 27 days ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 27 days ago.

Thanks for your question. Welcome to JustAnswer, it will be my pleasure to help you. My name is***** am working on this for you now.

Has your piano been regularly tuned?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.

Was this a new piano or a restored piano when you purchased it?

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
It was brand new. We purchased it from Lentines Music in Cleveland, Ohio

Thanks for the information and your patience.

I have looked through my records and others to which I have access and researched the name you gave and it has basically come up blank. The nearest so far is Pearl River.

Is Crystal River the name on the lid over the keys? Does it have any other name inside, such as one printed or stamped on the iron frame (the harp)? Also does it have a serial number printed on or near the harp?

I should then be able to complete this for you.

Hello, I see that you have requested the Live Phone Call service, I cannot do that right now but if you can let me have the answers to the questions I can soon reply with the full detail on here.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
No need to call me. It is a Pearl River serial no 948461. Sorry for the confusion...

That is good, I can now give you the appraisal. I will complete the work and come back to you within about the next 30 minutes.

In the maker’s records the serial number gives a year of build of 2002, so your piano is now around 14 years old. Thus it will have some depreciation due to age and usage.

These pianos, which are made in China, are very competitively priced and are still in the $8,000 to $12,000 range new depending on actual size and Dealer discounts.

Based on the information I have and that which you have provided, I believe your Pearl River Baby Grand Piano now has a value in the $5,000 to $6,500 range for a private sale.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. My aim is to provide you with a great service and receive a 5 star rating but at least 3 is preferable; therefore I trust that you have found this answer helpful. If so, please accept the answer and click the ‘STAR RATING’ or the 'RATE TO FINISH’ or ‘SUBMIT’ button in the REQUEST DETAILS SECTION at the top, as this is the only way as an Independent Expert I receive any recompense for the research I do to assist you There is no additional cost to you as my percentage of the payment for this question is taken from the amount you have agreed for this question only. Also by completing the rating star system it will stop the continual rating reminder emails you would receive from this site.

If you are disappointed in the value given ‘please do not shoot the messenger’, I can only give you a value based on the current markets and a reflection of the same or very similar sales. Many thanks and if you need any more help or explanations on the value I have given please contact me before you complete the rating.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Does your appraisal include the fact that there is a player piano component???

Hello. Yes, it includes the player system. Unfortunately because this type of technology is so fast moving in terms of developments, the value tends to drop away quite rapidly. Nevertheless it is a plus when selling.

I hope that explains it for you.