Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

Ll size. excellent condition well maintained ..its about 35

Customer Question

ll size. excellent condition well maintained ..its about 35 yrs old. all keys work. has been tuned several times
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the musical instrument appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: well i bought it in 1990. from a lady that was a teacher. she had bought the piano for her daughter..remembering back. she said she had it for at least 10 yrs and bought it new. her daughter apparently did not have an interest and played it a few times. my oldest daughter played it for 2 ys in 1990. it was played by my second daughter for one yr.. it had a great perfect sound. i have kept it tuned..but it's been a couple yrs now since tuning. but it has not been moved. it has a bench
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else the musical instrument appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: its in excellent condition, as it looks new. its a maple or lighter brown color. the keys are clean and do not stick
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 month ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. I need some additional info. Is this an upright or grand? What is the maker and the serial?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
upright. story and clark. where would the serial be located?

Lift the top lid, it should be near the strings on the harp.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
418 087. solid mahogany
Thanks for the info. Please allow some time for me to look into this.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
its more like the heritage design, but its not a recording piano
Are you able to supply a photo?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
stay tuned. ha
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
can i send it to you in a txt

Sorry no, it has to be attached here. If it's too much trouble, I can finish without a photo. I just wanted to see what the "heritage design" was you described.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
no trouble

Sure. I'll check back a little later for your reply with photo. Thanks

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
hello.. you answered the appraisal?

No I didn't---I'm waiting for your photo. You may have received an email saying that, but I have not yet provided an answer yet.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
check email
I haven't given you any email address to send it to, nor do I have an email address here. Please attach photo here with the "add files" button.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
i think i will cancel.. because this site is asking for more money. thanks for your time

You don't have to pay any more money, just the one time fee ($36) for this question.