Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

Need an appraisal on a 1930 F baby grand piano, 1930 F. Baby

Customer Question

Need an appraisal on a 1930 Henry F Miller baby grand piano
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the musical instrument appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: 1930 Henry F. Miller Baby Grand Piano in excellent condition with original keys and strings
JA: Is there anything else the musical instrument appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: don't think so
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.

How often is it tuned? Any restoration done or is it all original?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
All original . Leg was repaired approx 10 years ago
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Thanks for the info. Last tuning date? Also, I can't place a phone call to you right now. Can we complete this online?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
5 years ago

Thanks. I'll have this complete in just a few more minutes.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok thank you

Thanks for your patience while I worked on this.

The ***** ***** company was a well known American brand for many years, though like most others from this era, they have been out of business for many years. The depression hurt the piano industry in a big way.

I'm pleased to hear of the excellent original condition you describe as that will help with value. While annual tuning for old pianos is highly recommended, the somewhat recent tuning of this piano is a good sign. Pianos that go without maintenance for many years can develop major problems.

Based on your description of the piano's condition, age, style and maker and considering the used piano market today, I would recommend a private sale value of approximately $2,200-$3,000. Best wishes!

Please select a positive rating before leaving--this lets the site know your request is complete and credits me for my time. You can still reply after rating if need be. Thanks!

HI, checking back to see if you needed more help with this? I've completed my end of things and I do ask that you select a rating for my service before leaving. This is the only way the site credits me for working with you. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you. What do you think is the best method to try to sell the piano? Craigslist? Through a dealer?

I almost always recommend a private sale locally. A good used piano should do well on the private market and doesn't need a dealer to help sell. Dealers also take a huge chunk of your profit. Best wishes!

Hi, checking back again as I have not been rated by you. Do you need more help with this?