Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  40 yrs. buying and selling instruments.
67223111

I have a silver kings flute I had as a teen in high school.

Customer Question

I have a silver kings flute I had as a teen in high school. Its approximately 100 yrs old and in real good condition.Is it of any value and what do I do ?
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It was made by the H-N-White co. Cleveland, Ohio. It has a # 287551 around its neck section.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: No.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Wayne replied 6 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Musical Instruments for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. According to the serial number your flute was made in 1947. These are student quality instruments. This would sell for $80-100 at auction and in a private sale.

Thank you,

Please click the Stars*****When you read this answer