Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have a Baltimore baby grand Knabe, serial number 101424.

Customer Question

I have a Baltimore baby grand Knabe, serial number 101424. Keys and hammers have been replaced. Sound board has tiny crack but piano plays beautifully. Not sure of type of wood--a mottled dark brown. My questions are: what year was it made and how much can I ask to sell it?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for your question Monique. Welcome to JustAnswer, it will be my pleasure to help you. My name is***** am working on this for you now.

When were the keys and hammers replaced. Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained?

Also if you have any pictures, particularly of the internal mechanics which you could attach on here using the paperclip or the +Add button on the menu bar in the reply section, that would be very helpful.

Hello again. It seems that you viewed my information request, so I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question please? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. If it is a problem with getting the pictures and putting them on here, I can continue without them if that is easier for you. Thank you. John.