Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

We have a Blasius and Sons upright with a serial number

Customer Question

We have a Blasius and Sons upright with a serial number 84#92747. It also says "improved resonate plate". We need to find a home for it.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Don't know a lot. It has original ivory keys.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: That's all we know, unless there is a specific question we could possibly answer.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for your question. Welcome to JustAnswer, it will be my pleasure to help you. My name is***** am working on this for you now.

Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained? What is the full height measured from the floor to the top lid please?

Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built?