Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have a Wellington spinet piano. Numbers on the back are

Customer Question

I have a Wellington spinet piano. Numbers on the back are 95211. What do they mean?
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It says Wellington above the keyboard and has 95211 stamped on the back
JA: Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for your question. Welcome to JustAnswer, it will be my pleasure to help you. My name is***** am working on this for you now.

From the makers records if the number 95211 is the serial number it would indicate that the year of build is 1907. However, that would be too early for a spinet sized piano. Could you please check the full height of your piano measured from the floor to the top of the closed top lid as this will confirm the type of piano.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
36"
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
1907 is definitely too early!

Thanks for the info. I think that number is ***** a case number.

Please have a look at this website which should help:- www.pianoatlas.com/serial.html
Piano manufacturers place serial numbers in a variety of places. Pianos often have numbers other than serial numbers, such as case, part numbers and Patent numbers but this does not give the detailed information needed for individual pianos. Try this site and it should open showing you the places to find the right Serial number which should allow me to correctly date your piano.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you! I will have to get help to do that. Can I please get a refund on this service?

The serial number will probably be a 6 digit number starting with 3?????

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I already know that but can seem to find another number without help to move the piano. Can I please get a refund on this service?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Before I gave credit info, I understood that a $5 charge for info was refundable...

I am an independent expert and do not have control over that aspect. You would need to click on the Customer Services section on the website and ask for a refund.

I am sorry that I have not been able to fully help you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you