Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

1834 brumley and nunn piano. not restored. Plays and seems

Customer Question

1834 brumley and nunn piano . not restored. Plays and seems in tune.
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have searched and some say it is valuable, others think it is an antique and not worth restoring.
JA: Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It is in good condition for age. It has no cracks. Was in a museum for about the past 50 to 70 years.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for your question. Welcome to JustAnswer, it will be my pleasure to help you. My name is***** am working on this for you now.

Do you know if this piano has had any recent tuning and maintenance ?

Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or do you think it is all still as originally built?

Do you have any pictures please of the outside of this piano and any of the internal mechanics which you could attach on here using the paperclip or the +Add button on the menu bar in the reply section, that would be particularly helpful.

Hello again. Do you need any further help on this question please? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. Thank you. John.