Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  40 yrs. buying and selling instruments.
67223111

I have a violin in my possession that I can trace history of

Customer Question

I have a violin in my possession that I can trace history of about 100+years. It has inside " fecit cremonia Italy 1636 by Nicholas
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Amadis"
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: I believe it is very old.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 month ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Antiques for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. This a circa 1900-1920 copy of an Amati family violin. The labels weren't meant to deceive but say that the violin was made to the specification of the original. In many cases these are fine violins selling on average of $800-1200.

Thank you,

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 month ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? It is important that you click on the stars *****. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,