AppraisalExpert
AppraisalExpert, Professional Appraiser
Experience:  Member International Society of Appraisers
59032044

Cable & sons baby gran serial148410, prob 1914? Approximate

Customer Question

Cable & sons baby gran serial148410, prob 1914? Approximate value? Appx price to restore?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  AppraisalExpert replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for the question! The market for vintage pianos is one where supply exceeds demand currently and a Cable and Sons baby grand piano from circa 1914 would be worth $2,500 to $4,000 assuming that it is in good, playable condition. The price to restore depends on a variety of factors - a basic tuning and repair of an older baby grand piano is $150 to $250; more extensive restoration such as woodwork and replacing soundboards can often exceed the market value of the piano.

Following-up! Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars and bonus gives me the best rating.This will close out the question and allow me to assist others, as I assisted you.

Following-up one final time to see if you need anything further since you did not rate the answer. If you found this helpful, please use the rating system in the upper corner of the question to rate my professionalism as it's the sold way experts get credit for assisting people and it can close the question so I can help others as I helped you.