twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

What is the approximate appraisal value of a 1987 5'7"

what is the approximate appraisal value of a 1987 5'7" Steinway grand piano?
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Yes; what is the approximate appraisal value of a 1987 5'7" Steinway grand piano?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: It's in excellent condition; purchased April, 2016 from Steinway of New York for St. Jude benefit fund raiser

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Since you bought this piano fromSteinway, I'm assuming it has been fully restored and tuned.

If it is in excellent condition, both playing and cosmetic, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your is approximately $21,900. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $8,760, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Thanks for your positive rating!

If you have additional items you want to know about, I'd be happy to help you with those. If you want me to answer your questions, all you need to do is use my name, Judith, as the first word of each question.

Best regards,

Judith-on-Antiques