twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

Just wondering about a Violin I have which has Vincent

Just wondering about a Violin I have which has Vincent Panomro name on the inside?? Jack
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I do not know about the history... Been in our Family for over 80 years..
JA: Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It is in a wooden case with the name GSB
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My Dad found this Meigs County Ohio many tears ago.. I remember carrying this old wood with violin in it..
That was 1940 when we move to our home place in Clark county Ohio... That is about it.. Jack

Hello Jack,

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help.

What is the exact wording on the label in your violin?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
VICENT PANORMO -
rue de I'Arbre-See u Paris. 17That is it!!!! Jack

Thanks!

Vincenzo Panormo (134-1813) was born in Sicily and worked in both London and Paris. He primarily worked in other luthiers' workshops, making copies of Stradivarius models.

If it is authentic and if it is in very good condition with very good tone, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of your violin is approximately $114,000. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $45,600, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Jack.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.

Thanks for your positive rating, Jack!

If you have additional items you want to know about, I'd be happy to help you with those. If you want me to answer your questions, all you need to do is use my name, Judith, as the first word of each question.

Best regards,

Judith-on-Antiques