twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

I have a schmoller and mueller piano made by the Everett

Customer Question

I have a schmoller and mueller piano made by the Everett piano company. The serial number is ***** Can anyone please tell me the age of this piano? I believe my Grandparents bought it in the 1960's. However, they purchased it used. Thank you so much for any and all help.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

The serial number indicates that your piano was built in 1928.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Judith! Do you know where it was made?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a hard time believing it was made in 1928. The sides are particle board and veneer.
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 1 month ago.

It was made in Omaha, Nebraska.

Particle board and the use of veneers have been around for generations, and the company went out of business in 1929. With proper care, there's no reason why a piano made of those materials should not last.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
From our research, wood veneer has been around for generations. However, particle board was created in Germany, and brought to the US during World War II. In looking at photos of Schmoller & Mueller pianos made in 1929, this piano looks way to modern. I find it hard to believe it is from the 20s.