Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

I have a harp by Sebastian Erard Do you know the value, A

Customer Question

I have a harp by Sebastian Erard
Do you know the value
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: A harp by Sebastian Erard
JA: Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Needs some restoration. He was a harp maker in the 1800's. He made one for the royal family in 1811
http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/58cz4Tvn/image0.jpg
http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/YRbKfsYo/image1.jpg
http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/XPimEjyW/image2.jpg
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hello
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 month ago.

Hi
.
I will be glad to help you today.
.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading it. This is important to me getting credit for my work.
.
I have been in the antique business for over 45 years, Appraising, Antique shop owner, also buying and selling on today's current market. it is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.
.
The Sebastian Erard Harp, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $12,000.00-14,000.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it.
.
Clicking the top star on the top left of the page does this
.
Thank you for taking time to rate this.
.
If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.