ncsunburst
ncsunburst, Associate Degree
Experience:  Experienced Appraiser
61108514

I have an accordion that was purchased for my as a girl and

Customer Question

Hi I have an accordion that was purchased for my as a young girl and I'm trying to find the value of it. It's a Concerto, white mother of pearl in color and in excellent playing condition. I also have the paperwork of lifetime guarantee and picture with $ amt paid at that time. It was purchased in May 1966. I also still have the velvet lined case. I'm looking to sell it as I no longer have a use for it or anyone to pass on to. Any help will be appreciated. ty
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Don't think so...I was a young girl developing, so a padding was added, snapping on and off in back to make bellows alittle easier to deal with..if you understand . LOL. however I played it this morning and still sounds wonderful. nothing broken, chipped or damaged. It's exactly the way I got it as I've always treasured it b/c a dear uncle bought it for me...I hate to part with it, but don't like seeing it just sit as I'm now 63 and no longer play.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  ncsunburst replied 2 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. In todays market your Hohner Concerto Accordion with the case has a value from good playing condition $450.00 to excellent playing condition $700.00. You can try sites like Etsy, Ebay, Craigeslist or a local auction house with a good reputation and use a reserve on your accordion so it doesn't sell for pennies on the dollar and remember to start out high because you can always come down you can not go up. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike

If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask.
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer
using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.

Expert:  ncsunburst replied 1 month ago.

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your accordion? Thanks Mike

by using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer
for helping you.