Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

I have a Baldwin spinet style piano. I bought it used from a

Customer Question

I have a Baldwin spinet style piano. I bought it used from a Richmond, Virginia piano store and it is in good condition - the finish has a couple of small dings and the workings of the piano, I would consider to be excellent. The serial number is(###) ###-####if that helps. I am looking to possibly sell the piano and would like to know its worth.
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Hello? I'm not sure if you got my question or not.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 20 days ago.
Thanks for your question! I'm looking into this for you now and will be back in touch momentarily.
Also, could you double check the serial? What you gave me would date the piano back to 2003 and it is likely older. Maybe the serial has only 6 numbers?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
That is the complete serial number in the piano.
I expect to pay $5 for this answer. You are NOT authorized to charge my account $35 for a subscription to your service. I was told about the $5, only, up until I gave you my credit card information. If I am charged $40 instead of $5, I will dispute it and it will not be allowed! And I will never use your service again and will warn others about it! I’m very upset about this. The whole reason I’m selling my piano is because I am financially destitute. $40 is a make or break figure to me!!!!!
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
2003 is likely the date of the piano. I bought it used at a piano store in 2007. I have a photograph of the piano if that is helpful.
Hi, the $5 is a deposit though the site requires the full fee be paid for an answer ($40).
Unfortunately, $5 is not a sufficient amount to cover an appraisal. Would you like me to request a refund for you?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
please do. If I don't have a response within a couple of hours, I will just call my bank and have it removed. Your website is very misleading in this regard.
Sorry about any confusion. I will request a refund for you.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you. I received from your company and email apologizing for my confusion and explaining your process but no refund was addressed. Was this a routine letter or does it mean your company does not feel it owes me a refund and I should seek a reversal of charges through my bank?