AppraisalExpert, Professional Appraiser
Experience:  Member International Society of Appraisers

How much is my piano worth is is Armstrong, good condition

Customer Question

How much is my piano worth is is Armstrong, good condition 69390 is the serial number
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is an upright....comes with bench
JA: Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: no
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  AppraisalExpert replied 21 days ago.

The market for used pianos is one where supply can exceed demand. The serial number of your piano indicates that it was built between 1912 and 1913 (see: and in great condition, with only minor adjustments needed, comparable antique upright pianos sell at the $600 to $800 level. If it needs some work to get to current playable condition, the value would be much less, likely at the $150 to $300 level. An issue is that pianos from this era have some inherent technical issues which can't be fixed to make them sound like today's pianos. As such, most teachers don't want students learning on them, which obviously limits the market.

Expert:  AppraisalExpert replied 20 days ago.

Following-up to see if I can be of further assistance as I noticed that you elected to not rate the question.

At JustAnswer the only way that experts receive any compensation for our efforts is if the customers rate our professionalism.

Please rate using the star system so that this question may be closed out and again, thank you.

Expert:  AppraisalExpert replied 17 days ago.

Following-up one final time.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars and bonus gives me the best rating.