Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  40 yrs. buying and selling instruments.
67223111

I have a Brahms upright player piano, serial number 87364.

Customer Question

I have a Brahms upright player piano, serial number 87364. It plays, but does have four broken keys which would require minimal work to fix. I am trying to determine the age and inherent value of the piano. Additionally, I am trying to determine if it would be worthwhile to restore it, but part of that depends on its value now. Could anyone provide any information about the origin and age of this piano? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Wayne replied 2 months ago.

Hi Lora,
My name is***** have been buying, selling and appraising Musical Instruments since 1970. According to the serial number your piano was made circa 1928. Unfortunately there i not much demand for these old upright player pianos. Assuming this is in good playable and working condition, this would sell for $500-700 at auction and on the secondhand market. It is really not worth rebuilding this piano as this could easily cost over $5000 to do it. If you can get it tuned to a close to pitch and it plays piano rolls, you really shouldn't invest much more than this.

Expert:  Wayne replied 2 months ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and effort without additional cost to you. It was a pleasure working with you.
Thanks,