Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.

We may sell our church organ which is stored in our old

Customer Question

We may sell our church organ which is stored in our old church to an interested buyer. We would like to know a selling price. Builder is M.P. Moller (Opus 8167, 1951) with 3 manuals (Great, Swell, Choir), 58 stops, 42 ranks, 4 divisions, and 34 registers. Console with 61 keys and 32 pedal keys. One 3 hp Century electric blower, one solid state rectifier. Chests are of pitman design, electric pneumatic type. 21 chime notes. Remodelled in 2004 for multi-level solid state combination action. We have a detailed listing of remodeling we could fax you. Remodeling was about $79,000 in 2004. Organ has been well maintained and is in climate controlled church and played weekly by our organist until it is relocated. Please correspond with me at my email:***********@*****.***. Thank you. Tom ********
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 1 month ago.

Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.

Unfortunately, there's no way this organ can be appraised online. A pipe organ needs to be appraised in person by a qualified pipe organ company. I would recommend contacting a local pipe organ company (they are throughout the US) and hiring them for an appraisal. For the sheer price you paid for the work done in 2004 you should want this done in the best way and that would be as described above. Best wishes

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
We have an organ company in Minneapolis and I will call to see if they can come over and appraise our organ. Thank you for your time and response.

Sure thing. Good luck!