AppraisalExpert
AppraisalExpert, Professional Appraiser
Experience:  Member International Society of Appraisers
59032044

I inherited a Horace Waters spinet piano. Wanted to find the

Customer Question

I inherited a Horace Waters spinet piano. Wanted to find the value
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  AppraisalExpert replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for the question! The market for Horace Waters spinet pianos are tough in that spinets are not a piano that students would generally use today. They also are designed with a drop action that once they start failing, they are too costly to repair. The value as an antique is modest, and many purchase them to have an "antique piano" but without an expectation that it will be played. Typically on peer-to-peer sales venues like Craigslist with local delivery (pianos are expensive to move) a value of $150 to $250 can be expected (unless it is of extremely good quality, then perhaps a bit more can be justified, up to $350).

Good morning! I'm seeing if you had further questions on this item or if I can be of further service. The only way that experts get credit for their answers is when you rate my professionalism. Kindly rate my service so that the question may be closed.