Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

How much is my Ahlborn Galanti Organ model C32-4500-41 worth

Customer Question

Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 2 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.

Can you provide a photo of it? How old is it? Any external speakers?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I don't have a photo as the organ is at a church and was gift from an estate. I would guess that it is about 20 to 25 years. Two external speakers.

OK. There's not much help with model numbers from this manufacturer so I will do my best without a photo. Can you tell me about the features? How many manuals? Drawknob or stop tab? Any upgrades to it? Any problems?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Correction - our organist just told me that it is about 10 years old, 3 manual stops, dozens of drawbars and pistons. No problems. no upgrades/

Do you mean draw knobs and not draw bars?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
draw knobs. I was told that the cost new was $80K (private owner) and that he died a couple of years after purchase. The church has had it for about 7 years.

Thanks for the information. Considering the expected high value of this instrument and the few details I have about it, I recommend you have it appraised locally by a local organ dealer. This would be most beneficial to you. Best wishes