Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

Do you know what year my Steger baby grand piano was made

Customer Question

Do you know what year my Steger baby grand piano was made with the serial number 50 and what the value of the piano would be. I have had it for 40 yrs and it has been inside my house but not tuned or played for the past 25 it is in good condition and has been refinished about 40 yrs ago but has several scratches for two different moves. I am interested in selling it now because we are moving and want to ask a fair price.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for your question! I have completed thousands of musical instrument appraisals and will be happy to help with yours.

Hi, "50" is not the serial, it should be 4 or 5 digits. Check inside the piano by the strings for the serial.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I checked by the strings and the number is *****

It will have to be 4 or 5 digits for it to be the serial. 50 may be a model number.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't find another number. The only stamped number on the inside metal part of the piano by the strings says 50

Ok, in that case I would be unable to provide the age without the serial number, but I can help you with value. Would that help?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No not now