John, CT ABRSM, Piano Teacher CT ABRSM.
Experience:  Certificate of Music Teaching. Musical Instrument Appraiser. Qualified Technician. Qualified Piano Tuner. Experienced in Buying, Selling, Restoring and Valuing Pianos for more than 20 years.

Methvan Simpson pump organ S/n 20376

Customer Question

Methvan Simpson pump organ S/n 20376
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for your question. Welcome to JustAnswer, it will be my pleasure to help you. My name is John.

I am sorry to say that there is not much of a market for these old pump type organs because there is very little interest in them apart from as a novelty factor. They invariably do not always work very well due to lack of use. They often have some quite ornate tops with shelving and mirrors and thus they are used more now as a piece of furniture. Therefore the price obtained if selling, even for a fully working and/or partly restored instrument, can still be under $500 and often at auction they sell for their furniture aspect only for well below $100. I have 3 very similar ones myself, 2 of which I have restored which I will keep because they would never return the time and money spent on them but they are just fun to play from time to time plus they are good exercise for the legs and somewhere to display the ornaments and pictures! I am sorry it is not better news.

Thank you for using JustAnswer. My aim is to provide you with a great service and receive a 5 star rating but at least 3 is preferable; therefore I trust that you have found this answer helpful. If so, please accept the answer and click the ‘STAR RATING’ or the 'RATE TO FINISH’ or ‘SUBMIT’ button in the REQUEST DETAILS SECTION at the top, as this is the only way as an Independent Expert I receive any recompense for the research I do to assist you There is no additional cost to you as my percentage of the payment for this question is taken from the amount you have agreed for this question only. Also by completing the rating star system it will stop the continual rating reminder emails you would receive from this site.

If you are disappointed in the value given ‘please do not shoot the messenger’, I can only give you a value based on the current markets and a reflection of the same or very similar sales. Owners of musical instruments often have a very sincerely ***** ***** that their ‘pride and joy’ is particularly valuable and sometimes it is, but musical instruments unfortunately generally depreciate with age and/or changes in technology. Many thanks and if you need any more help or explanations on the value I have given please contact me before you complete the rating.