Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  40 yrs. buying and selling instruments.

Want to sell Clavinova CVP-55 piano and bench; in perfect

Customer Question

Want to sell Clavinova CVP-55 piano and bench; in perfect condition, with manuals, except for non-functioning disc drive. What's it worth?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Clavinova CVP-55 purchased probably around 1990
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: My son has not played the piano for several years; he just told me the disc no longer works. The piano has a full range of voices with excellent sound quality, all other functions work great. I can't troubleshoot this, want to sell it.
JA: Anything else you want the instrument expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I want to know if this piano has value as an electric instrument with full playing capacity, just not the ability to record, play discs, or connect to other instruments.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Wayne replied 1 month ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising Antiques for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. This is considered old technology but are still somewhat in demand. These are selling for $300-500 in good playable condition. The nonworking disk drive doesn't really hurt the value

Thank you,

Expert:  Wayne replied 1 month ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? It is important that you click on the stars *****. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,