Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.

Player piano from 70's many rolls in great shape

Customer Question

Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for your question Kate. Welcome to JustAnswer, it will be my pleasure to help you. My name is John.

What is the name on the lid over the keys on your Player Piano?

Is it an upright or a grand player piano?

Has it been regularly tuned and maintained?

Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built?

Also if you have any pictures, particularly of the internal mechanics which you could attach on here using the paperclip or the +Add button on the menu bar in the reply section, that would be very helpful.

Hello again Kate. It seems that you viewed my information request, so I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question please? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. If it is a problem with getting the pictures and putting them on here, I can continue without them if that is easier for you. Thank you. John.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
National Piano Co. Los Angeles. Upright. About three years since last tune up. Still sounds great. Originally built. Send pics soon.

Thank you for coming back to me with the information Kate.

The pictures would be very helpful, particularly of the internal mechanics. Could you please attach them on here using the paperclip on the menu bar in the reply section.

It can be a bit tricky sometimes so if you have any difficulty have a look at the FAQs here:

Also there are a number of different references to this piano Company in the reference files and books I have, so I need to have a serial number to be able to get to the right records please. If you need to know where to find the Serial number have a look at this website which should help:-

Piano manufacturers place serial numbers in a variety of places. Pianos often have numbers other than serial numbers, such as case, part numbers and Patent numbers but this does not give the detailed information needed for individual pianos. Try this site and it should open showing you the places to find the Serial Number for your piano.