Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  40 yrs. buying and selling instruments.
67223111

I have a violin label reads"Antonius Stradivarius

Customer Question

I have a violin label reads"Antonius Stradivarius Cremonensis/faciebat Anno 1799"
The back is one piece maple, the ribs are more highly figured maple, as is the scroll, the top is of two pieces of spruce narrow grain.
It is in good condition overall, needs professional tune up, the lower edge of the top is missing 1 1/2" of wood outside the puddling, the dimensions are length of back 359mm, upper bout 165mm,
Middle bout 112 mm, lower bout 200mm
Can you tell me the current value
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Wayne replied 10 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising musical instruments for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. These are nice quality violins made in Germany. These labels were not meant to deceive but to say that the violin was based on the specifications of a

Stradivarius. These are selling for $500-700 on average.

Thank you,

Expert:  Wayne replied 10 months ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? It is important that you click on the stars *****. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,