Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.

We own a Baldwin Acrosonic piano and matching bench that we

Customer Question

We own a Baldwin Acrosonic piano and matching bench that we purchased at least 50 years ago. It is French Provincial and looks like new. It has been played only a little over the years, and in fact has only been tuned about five times. We would like to sell it, as our daughters no longer live with us, and transporting the piano concerns us. Approximately what is it worth? Hank Mulle
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 month ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will work on this for you now and ask you to complete the star rating when you have a complete appraisal. Welcome to JustAnswer and it will be my pleasure to help you.

To do this, could you let me have the serial number of your piano please? Approximately when was it last tuned Also if you have any pictures, particularly of the internal mechanics which you could attach on here using the paperclip or the +Add button on the menu bar in the reply section, that would be very helpful. When I have this information I will come back to you.

Just to let you know that because invariably, to complete an appraisal on musical instruments, it requires considerable research in documents, files, records, books and on web pages, I do not therefore complete Live Phone Calls because it is not practical to do the research at the same time and often it also requires you to find information, numbers and do measurements.

Hello again Hank. It seems that you viewed my information request, so I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question please? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. If it is a problem with getting the pictures and putting them on here, I can continue without them if that is easier for you. Thank you. John.