Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.

I have a kroeger player piano how do i find out what year it

Customer Question

i have a kroeger player piano how do i find out what year it is and if its worth saving
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for your question Mike. My name is***** will work on this for you now and ask you to complete the star rating when you have a complete appraisal. Welcome to JustAnswer and it will be my pleasure to help you.

To do this, could you let me have the serial number please? Has your piano been regularly tuned and maintained? Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built? Also if you have any pictures, particularly of the internal mechanics which you could attach on here using the paperclip or the +Add button on the menu bar in the reply section, that would be very helpful, but if not I can continue without them if necessary. When I have this information I will come back to you soon.

Just to let you know that because invariably, to complete an appraisal on musical instruments, it requires considerable research in documents, files, records, books and on web pages, I do not therefore complete Live Phone Calls because it is not practical to do the research at the same time and often it requires you to also find numbers and do measurements.

Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 1 month ago.

Hello again Mike. It seems that you viewed my information request, so I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question please? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. If it is a problem with getting the pictures and putting them on here, I can continue without them if that is easier for you. Thank you. John.