Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have a Wm. Knabe & CO. Baltimore, 60" grand piano with the

Customer Question

I have a Wm. Knabe & CO. Baltimore, 60" grand piano with the number 18555 stamped on the metal under the lid and 8555 stamped into the inside of the front two legs. It is walnut color and has italiate styling with square legs. It is in reasonably good conition. What year was it made and what is it worth.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for your question!

This piano would have been made in 1877 based on the serial you provided. Old pianos like this aren't worth too much because of the extreme wear both mechanically and cosmetically they have faced over the years. The value can increase if a piano has been restored or rebuilt, to improve the condition. Based on your description of condition and considering the used piano market, I would recommend a selling range of $100-$400 depending on actual condition. Best wishes!

Please select a positive rating before leaving--this is how the site knows your appraisal is complete and the only way I'm credited for completing it. Thank you!