Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.

My trumpet was stolen. Bach Stradivarius # 85428. for

Customer Question

My trumpet was stolen. Bach Stradivarius # 85428. for insurance, what is it worth?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The trumpet was a signature gift for my years with the Air Force. I came in a special "gator" metal case (roadie case). Was inscribed with my name and rank. It was in pristine condition as i played it only for dignitary concerts (white house, pentagon, etc). It was stolen from my church where I did a concert. The church insurance is willing to compensate the loss, less $500 deductible. I can't replace the whole concept, but I would like to get another bach stradivarius in its place. I would like an appraisal. Thank you. - thomas
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello Thomas

I am so sorry for your loss.

I have been in the appraisal business for over 45 years. It is my pleasure to put my experience to work for you.

The Bach Stradivarius # 85428 with Case, has a retail market value of $3***-**-****.00 These will typically sell higher in a music store or Private sale compared to an auction.

Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.

It was a pleasure working for you. If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.

If you do not mind rating this I would greatly appreciate it, clicking the top star on the top left of the page does this, thank you for taking time to rate this.If you find you have a problem being able to rate me, please let me know.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
Let me know if you still need help with this question.
I will be happy to help with any further question you might have on this.
I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
Thank you so much!