Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.

I have a chickering baby grand piano that I need to sell. I

Customer Question

I have a chickering baby grand piano that I need to sell. I bought it about20-25 years ago. It is in average condition (2 keysthat stick). It has a gray finish. The serial number is 137706.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  John, CT ABRSM replied 2 months ago.

Thanks for your question. My name is***** will work on this for you now and ask you to complete the star rating when you have a complete appraisal. Welcome to JustAnswer and it will be my pleasure to help you. I will come back to you with a reply soon.

To do this could you let me know if your piano been regularly tuned and maintained? Have any of the internal mechanics been replaced or restored over the years or is it all still as originally built? Also if you have any pictures, particularly of the internal mechanics which you could attach on here using the paperclip or the +Add button on the menu bar in the reply section, that would be very helpful, but if not I can continue without them if necessary.

Hello again Marina. It seems that you viewed my information request, so I am following up to see if you need any further help on this question please? If you would like me to complete the work I have started for you and continue with the appraisal to give you a valuation please let me know. If it is a problem with getting the pictures and putting them on here, I can continue without them if that is easier for you. Thank you. John.