Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

Reasonable value of Steck baby grand, serial # 193364,

Customer Question

reasonable value of George Steck baby grand, serial # 193364, length = ~62" and width at keyboard = 54.5", black - very good condition - deceased owner's estate is selling, please.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 2 months ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. Any photos of it you can attach for me to see?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
i'm new at this.... i am richard deem cell=(***) ***-**** to chat. Any history of the piano #193364?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
somewhere this site says i have opened two inquiries for this piano. i want to pay only once, please.
Thanks for the info. This piano would have been built in 1976 based on the serial number you provided. At this time, Steck pianos were a part of the large piano conglomerate Aeolian-American. They later belonged to Mason and Hamlin before production was stopped in the 1990's. At 62" this is a small baby grand. Considering the age and maker, the value would be on the lower end compared to a newer model of comparable quality.
In the current used market, and based on the photos and info, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $2,200-$3,000 in a private sale.
Please select a positive rating at the top and submit before leaving. This is the only way the website credits me for working with you. Thanks and best wishes!
Hi, I have completed your answer but haven't heard anything from you. Do you need any more help? If not, please close this out by selecting a positive rating and submit. This helps me out very much and also keeps us from sending any more automated emails asking for you to come back and rate me. Thanks very much!