Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

I live in Texas. I have an and Holmstron uprighy Transposing

Customer Question

I live in Texas. I have an James and Holmstron uprighy Transposing piano I want to depart from. Condition is would probably be a good to poor condition. It needs some work. Where could I or where should I go to sell this piano?
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Is there anything else important you think the Musical Instrument Appraiser should know?
Customer: PATENT
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 2 months ago.

Hi, could you attach photos of the piano here showing the inside and outside of it? You can press the "add files" button to attach them.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Here are some photos I took a few days ago. Theseven are the most recent photos I have.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let me know if you have any further questions or if you additional photos from various angles. Also, if you could also send an email to my work email, for a quicker response as I typically do not check my personal Gmail account daily.Work email is: ***@******.***

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, the website sends notifications and would send them to whatever email address you signed up with. I can't send notifications to a different address.

In regard to your piano, it is in very poor condition mechanically and fair to poor condition cosmetically. These old pianos are worth a few hundred dollars only, when in good original condition. With your piano being the way it is, I'm sorry to say it has no value. There are too many old uprights consistently on the used market with most in better condition. I would recommend just having it hauled off as it is unlikely you'll find a buyer at any price. Sorry for the bad news here but hope it has been helpful information. Best wishes!