Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

I have a Conn Piano serial number 204961. Decent condition.

Customer Question

I have a Conn Piano serial number 204961. Decent condition. Please let me know what the value range may be. You were not able to answer this question which seems very odd since I have the make and model. Please try again. Thanks. Dorothy
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I see your previous question was closed without an expert answer. I appreciate your raising your offer price for this question, and I am happy to help with it. Can you tell me if this is an upright and what the height is? When was it last tuned?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It is an upright, it was tuned probably 5 years ago. The height is 41". There is a line across the very top back that looks like water damage but otherwise in pretty good shape.but I only paid more b/c I couldn't figure out how the other appraiser couldn't give me a price on such a simple thing with the serial number. Thanks. Dorothy

Thanks for your patience and for the information. In checking into this brand I found they don't have any serial number listings unfortunately, so I cannot find the exact age of your piano. Conn pianos were later made by Kimball, but Kimball serial numbers don't coincide with yours. Based on your description and the size I'm thinking this piano would have been built around the mid-20th century. Small uprights like this one aren't worth too much due to size and age. They were economy pianos and sold new on the lower end of value compared to taller uprights. As described and considering the used piano market, I would recommend a selling range today of approximately $400-$700 in a private sale. Best wishes!

Please take just a moment to select a positive rating (3 stars or higher) at the top and press "submit". This is how the website credits me for completing your appraisal and without your rating I have worked for free. You've already paid your fee for the service and rating me costs nothing more. This will also reduce the number of follow up emails you receive from us. If you need more help, don't hesitate to ask. Best wishes!

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Is there a way to send you pictures of the numbers and where I am getting them? Then maybe you can better help me. Thanks , Dorothy

Hi Dorothy, you can click "add files" to attach photos. As I said, there are no available serial records for Conn pianos so I wouldn't be able to find the age of it precisely. Is there some information you need that I didn't provide in my answer?