twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser, Researcher
Experience:  Classically trained musician with more than 20 years experience appraising musical instruments.
57035021

Steck Panio Serial no.159273. What would be the

Customer Question

George Steck Panio Serial no.159273. What would be the value(price)?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 4 months ago.

Hello Patricia,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Has your piano been regularly tuned? Has it had any internal restoration?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Tuned occaisiomallu. E xcellent
Ondition..one owner.

Any internal restoration?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Will dell with bench.

I do not do telephone calls because I can't do research and talk to you at the same time. Also, there is an additional charge for a phone call, and I can answer your question right here at no additional charge.

Do you still want the phone call? If not, and if you you want to go ahead with this question, please tell me whether this piano has had any internal restoration.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
You can just text me tbe selling
Price. Thank u.

We don't do texting at this site. I am prepared to answer your question right here, if you will only tell me whether your piano has had any internal restoration. This information is necessary in order for me to find the correct value of your piano.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No I m ternal restoration.
One owner.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Phome call not necessary.

Old pianos have no value just for being old. In other words, prospective buyers are not collecting pianos; they want to be able to play them. Pianos have parts that wear out and must be replaced, and a piano that hasn’t been regularly tuned will not hold a tuning. So, old pianos are at a disadvantage in the market.
Pianos are valued heavily on age after other factors like style, maker and condition. Age will tell you what kind of wear the piano would have mechanically. Even if the outside looks good the internal mechanisms are likely only in fair condition.

The serial number indicates that your piano was built in 1953. I'm sorry to say that a 63-year-old piano with occasional tuning and no internal restoration is at a disadvantage in the market.

If your piano is in otherwise very good condition, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $800. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount or $320, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Patricia.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning this answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Do you now want a phone call?