Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

What is the current value of a Krauss Stuttgart Upright

Customer Question

What is the current value of a Krauss Stuttgart Upright Piano Serial Number 77125
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 3 months ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. Can you tell me the age of it and describe condition in detail? Also, can you attach any photos of it showing inside and outside?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I dont know how old it is. I bought it many years ago in an old piano shop for about £1800
Here are soe photos that may help.
Many Thanks
Hi Paul, thanks for the photos.
It appears this piano is likely from the very late 1800's or early 1900's. Looking at the insides, the condition is about what I expect. The metal shows signs of age as do the strings. The hammers are worn and dirty. The condition and age would reduce the price a bit. I'm not sure how long ago you bought it, but the price paid seems on the high side. I can't account for the UK market as I am based in the US, but based on our market and the condition, I would recommend a price range of approximately $300-$600 USD. Best wishes!

Hi, I see you've viewed my answer but not selected a rating for me at the top. Your rating is very important as it is the ONLY way the website credits me for helping you. Please take just a moment to select a rating and click submit. If you need any more help with this, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks!