Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

Can you please help me in determining the estimated value of

Customer Question

can you please help me in determining the estimated value of my piano? I was told by men who were hired to move it for me, that it would be estimated around $10,000. I do believe that I have a serial number. However, it is a Hyundai-Maeari brand, which I have read was discontinued after 1980. Can you help?
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 5 months ago.

Is this an upright or grand? How old is it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is a Grand, or Baby Grand, I'm not sure which. I am not sure what year it is either. I purchased it from a Church and was not given any specifics. There are some numbers on it--G-85 and 821884 A HYUNDAI Maeari brand

Thanks for the info. All "Hyundai" branded pianos were made by Samick in Korea. They should have a serial that starts with two letters that indicates year. The G85 is likely the serial. Your piano is also likely a baby grand, not a full grand, as these small baby grands were produced in high numbers in Asia and they are built more for economy than quality. Based on the approximate age as well as your description, I would recommend a current selling range in the used piano market of approximately $2,300-$3,000. Best wishes!

Please select a positive rating and press submit before leaving--this rating REALLY helps me out. Please let me know if you have other questions. Thanks!

Hi, I see you've viewed my answer but not selected a rating for me at the top. Your rating is very important as it is the ONLY way the website credits me for helping you. Please take just a moment to select a rating and click submit. If you need any more help with this, please don't hesitate to let me know. Thanks!