jennem22
jennem22, Appraiser
Experience:  Certified with Appraisers Association of America, USPAP qualified through 2015, 20 years full-time professional experience.
30223878

I have a acoustic epiphone model Ritz no.50539 and a Gibson

Customer Question

I have a acoustic epiphone model Ritz no.50539 and a Gibson j50 3-2-1952 I would like to know what they are worth
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  jennem22 replied 8 months ago.

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the guitars?

If not, can you describe finish and condition?

Jennifer

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is the epiphone
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Email one of two
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hello.. did you get the pictures??
Expert:  jennem22 replied 8 months ago.

I did, and my apology for the delay. I was not working over the holiday weekend. I will address this now.

Jennifer

Expert:  jennem22 replied 8 months ago.

Thanks for your patience.

The 1952 Gibson J50 dreadnought would have a current retail value of $2,500 - $5,000. The reason for the wide range is that this is a much older guitar, and a spectacularly popular model. Value is entirely based on condition and playability, which are of course impossible to determine here. The neck, back, sides, and internal components would need to be thoroughly inspected and assessed to come up with a final value. Neck angle, projection, etc. are all important as well on this classic piece.

Your 1944 Epiphone Ritz has a tighter range, $800-$1200.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Expert:  jennem22 replied 8 months ago.

I see you have not yet accepted or rated my answer. Do you have further questions on these items?

Sincerely,

Jennifer

How do I rate an answer?

You can give your rating by selecting one of the five faces located under each answer. Giving a positive rating compensates the Expert for their time with you. If the value of your question is more than the value of your deposit, then your deposit will be applied toward the balance due and the remainder will be debited from your previously specified payment method. Please remember that your Expert will not be paid until you leave a positive rating for the answer.