Wayne, Bachelor's Degree
Experience:  40 yrs. buying and selling instruments.
67223111

Appraisal, Antique Banjo. Paramount Style, purchased new in

Customer Question

Appraisal, Antique Banjo. Paramount Style B, purchased new in 1919, for approximately $275. Played professionally on Keith Circuit (Vaudeville) from 1919 to 1935. Resonator and string pegs replaced on approximate 1960.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Wayne replied 5 months ago.

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising musical instruments for over 40 years, and I can help you with this. These are nice quality banjos. Your banjo is a tenor. The market is getting better for 4 string instruments in general as young people have discovered ukuleles, tenor guitars and banjos. These are selling for $800-1200 at auction in good playable condition. Insurance value is $1500.

Thank you,

PS: My great grandmother was on the Keith circuit.

Expert:  Wayne replied 5 months ago.

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service, click on the stars. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,