Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

Well, I just purchased an old player piano and it works

Customer Question

well, I just purchased an old player piano and it works great. It has a plate inside that says "MALCOLM MANUFACTURED FOR THE KNIGHT CAMPBELL MUSIC CO. ESTABLISHED 1874
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I would love to trace the History of this Piano. I have a serial number I believe #10237 or #10237 2
JA: Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: It looks great and sounds great. Is there anything else I need to do. Do I leave this page?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Musical Instrument Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 5 months ago.

Hi, thanks for your question. There's no way to find the history of a particular piano. I can give you some information about the piano company if that would help.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
any information would be helpful
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Will you be able to help me find information and tell me what I should insure it for?

I need photos of inside and out to provide an insurance value.

Please let me know if you can provide those or if manufacturer info is all you require.