Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

Hamlin 5'8" Model A Serial # 27740 Made in 1917 Good

Customer Question

Mason Hamlin 5'8" Model A Serial # ***** Made in 1917 Good Condition
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question!

Mason and Hamlin pianos were some of the best American made pianos in the early 20th century. Their quality was comparable to Steinway and Baldwin. The model A is a popular size for home use. Because it is about 100 years old, the value would be much less than a new one, as the thousands of mechanical parts wear out over time. Pianos which have been fully restored are worth much more, due to the improvement of condition. Based on your description of maker, age, size and condition and considering the used piano market, I would recommend a selling range of approximately $5,500-$6,500 (depending on actual condition and local market). Best wishes!

Please select a positive rating before leaving--this is how the website knows your question has been resolved and it helps me out quite a bit. Thanks!

Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 3 months ago.

Hi, did you have any further questions? I see you've viewed my answer but I have not been rated and received no credit for helping you. Please just take a moment and select a rating at the top and submit. Thanks very much!