Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antique Musical Instrument Appraiser
Experience:  30+ years of experience as an antique musical instrument appraiser. Member of Association of Online Appraisers.
53729464

Hardman New York Metal Bottom March 1886 piano serial number

Customer Question

Hardman New York Metal Bottom March 1886 piano serial number 52610
JA: I love the notion of my brother's old guitar having a history and belonging to someone famous. Maybe you have something valuable or historical. Let's find out. Tell us what else you do know and the Musical Instrument Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: The piano belonged to one of the first governors of Montana. There is original paperwork on it. My grandma.was like the second.owner. She recently passed away at the age of 105 so we r checking tje value of it out.
JA: Is there anything else the Musical Instrument Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Its been in my grandmas house for years. It qas tuned up a couple of years ago but needs tuning again. I have several pictures taken.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Musical Instrument Appraiser about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  twinb1201 replied 5 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help. PLease send your pictures.

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Please forward pictures to the antique category. My email***@******.*** user name - rogers1 appraiser username Judith -on- Antiques.

Thanks for the excellent pictures!

Can you add a clear photo of the paperwork that shows the previous ownership?

The serial number indicates that this piano was built in 1902. Has it had any internal restoration?