Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

I purchased a Kawai baby grand in 1976. Its serial number is

Customer Question

I purchased a Kawai baby grand in 1976. Its serial number is ***** KG-1C. Its in excellent condition, but needs tuning. I need to sell it as I'm moving to a smaller place. I'm wanting to know a reasonable price to ask for it.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer and thanks for your question!

Kawai pianos are excellent instruments and have had a very good reputation for quality and sound for decades. Kawai's are similar to Yamaha in quality but are usually a little bit cheaper.

In excellent condition, as you describe, this piano should do well on the secondary market and serve a buyer well for years. Considering depreciation over time as well as the used market, I would recommend a selling range today of approximately $5,800-$6,500 in a private sale. Best wishes!

Please select a positive rating before leaving--this is how the website knows your appraisal is complete. Thanks!