Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA. http://pianoappraiser.weebly.com/
21042015

I have a friend who is trying to sell her 2008 black Yamaha

Customer Question

I have a friend who is trying to sell her 2008 black Yamaha GB1 in Excellent condition and has the disc player so the piano plays on its own as well. The serial number is ***** and she bought it brand new.
Can you give me the size of this piano and the appraisal (its current value as it is used) value?
Thank you,
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 5 months ago.
Thanks for your question!
The GB1 size is usually 5'. Considering the amount of depreciation taken based on the age as well as the addition of the player unit, I would recommend a selling range today of approximately $9,500-$10,500. Best wishes!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Tyler- I am not the seller I am looking to buy this and want to make sure it's not the petite baby grand. Also, what should I offer? Does the disk self playing increase or decrease the value? Please respond as they are waiting for my call. Thank you kindly sir!
The player adds value but it decreases in value faster than the piano itself. It is worth less than the Disklavier series which is factory built as a player. The GB1 is 5' though sometimes the model numbers get confusing and some GB's are 5'2" or 5'3". I usually consider something below 5' a petite baby grand though I don't believe Yamaha has made one like that. This one is the smallest they make. The range I provided would be a realistic buying and selling range. Best wishes!