Tyler, MM, AAGO
Tyler, MM, AAGO, Musician/Appraiser
Experience:  Master's degree in Music. Member, AOA.

We have a Yamaha Upright (or console) Piano Model M-402,

Customer Question

We have a Yamaha Upright (or console) Piano Model M-402, Serial Number 166543. It is Oak 54 by 42 inches. The keyboard itself is 48 inches. We purchased it used in 1996 for $4,200. I am assuming it is about 25 years old. It is in excellent condition. The Oak is perfect and so are the keys, pedals (brass), and inter-workings. The matching bench is also in excellent condition. Please let me know if you need more information.
Category: Musical Instrument Appraisal
Expert:  Tyler, MM, AAGO replied 4 months ago.
Hi, thanks for your question!
This is a popular brand and size and Yamaha has a great reputation for quality. This piano should do well on the secondary market. Based on your description, I would suggest a value range of approximately $2,100-$2,600. Best wishes!

Hi, did you need any more help? If not, would you mind selecting a positive rating so I am credited for working with you? Thanks!